1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

What is the smallest 40 cal handgun.

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by newtothis, Apr 9, 2010.

newtothis Loaded Pockets

Is the Kahr still the smallest. Im looking

nbmaine2007 Loaded Pockets

I have a Glock 27. May not be the smallest, but it's as small as I think I'd want to go. It's a great gun.

EdD270 Empty Pockets

Ditto what nbmaine said. I'd go with the Glock 27. It's small enough to carry concealed in any weather, but holds enough ammo to get business done, and will accept larger magazines for Glock's other pistols if more is needed.
    Small size and capacity are a trade off, minimal size loses so much in capacity and stopping power that it's counter productive. In a fight it doesn't matter how small and concealable the gun is, what matters is will it stop the bad guy's attack?

ChopperGuy Empty Pockets

The Kahr is still the smallest. it is a handful to shoot.

I have a Glock 26 and Kahr PM 9 that sometimes go into a cargo pocket when I don't carry my Hi Power off duty. I like both and both are very shootable and accurate with full power 9mm +P or +P+ ammo.

The PM 9 is also the most common BUG I carry on duty.

If you want a shootable sub compact 40 cal, I tend to agree the Glock 27 is about as small as I'd go.

QDaddy Loaded Pockets

Springfield XD subcompact? I've got the 9mm, but the .40 is the exact same frame, and it fits just about anywhere I want to put it. It's a double stack magazine and the small capacity mag will leave your pinky off grip. If you aren't very strong, the .40 may be a bit much with the short magazine. The good news is you can slam in a high-cap (with the grip extension collar) and it feels much better.

I love my XD 9mm, but my next will be a .45. I won't be sacrificing that many rounds, but the stopping power more than makes up for it.

copierguy_mobile Loaded Pockets

Walther PPS?

-Greg

molotov Empty Pockets

+1 the PPS is very thin, much thinner than the glock, and about the same size heigth and length wise. It's pretty snappy in the felt recoil, but still basically fun to shoot.

jfirebalrog Empty Pockets

I think the Kahr pm40 is the smallest,but the glock 27 is much more shootable.Kahr does have steel framed guns that are not as zippy though(MK40 or K40 covert).

Silver Trooper Loaded Pockets

How about a Bond Arms derringer?

Rquagliata Loaded Pockets

I have a glock 27, any smaller and I'd have a problem hanging on(big hands).

Erik88 Loaded Pockets

I don't know if it's the smallest but I have a Springfield XD subcompact 40 that I really like. I owned a G27 as well but sold it.