1. Due to an overwhelming amount of new registrations we have temporarily turned off new sign ups untill we have caught up with the back log. Don't dispair we will be accepting new members again soon.
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues? Email us with username, email & what the issue is.

What Is Your Favorite Edc Knife

Discussion in 'Knives' started by MR24927, May 31, 2012.

• In Omnia Paratus

MR24927 Loaded Pockets

ok guys another knife thread, now i have not found mine yet ( kinda why i starterd this thread ) but show me yours and state why it is so.

:cool:

trey Loaded Pockets

[IMG]

This one is perfect. It has a very dark patina now.
    Xiii likes this.

gunslinger686 Loaded Pockets

Benchmade 940
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

[IMG]
    Though I've been saving up for a Mini Grip as a graduation present, I still find myself quite attached to this SRM 710. It was the first knife I'd purchased since coming here to EDCF and it's been by my side ever since. Just yesterday, I "customized" it to my liking and added a lanyard to it this morning. I guess more than anything, while it does hold its own for daily tasks yet is "cheaper than dirt" to obtain, I regard it in a higher manner due to its sentimental value. :)
    Get some, Adahn, Xiii and 5 others like this.

Phyxiator Loaded Pockets

The 710 is indeed a great EDC knife, I love it either.

My two favorites are the Ganzo G704 and the Sanrenmu 913P. They're both about the same size, also very affordable and of really good quality. If I had to choose between the two, I'd go for the Sanrenmu because the blade is not as thick and the blade shape more practical (not for self defence, though, but how likely is that compared to perhaps a car accident?). Moreover, with the thumbstud removed, it is perfectly legal in Germany while the Ganzo could provoke some discussion due to the Axis lock.
    mooshisho likes this.

Kontractor Loaded Pockets

Benchmade Griptillian. Got it on me right now. I don't know if there are alot of models on it, but half is straight edge and half is serrated. Awesome knife and holds an edge splendidly!
    • In Omnia Paratus

Ktowngunner Loaded Pockets

Zero Tolerance 0350. Tough knife, and it just feels right in my hands. Really keeps its edge too! I like the 0301 I have too, but find myself carrying the 0350 more.

[IMG]
    PPCApache and MR24927 like this.

blacmud8 Loaded Pockets

Spyderco Squeak. Tiny, legal, pocket clip, OHO. It's been warming up here so I've been carrying it IWB even when swimming etc. It's so small its unnoticeable.

[IMG]
    Fukurai, indigo and Bikeracer77 like this.

Bikeracer77 Loaded Pockets

I may have to get one of these yet.

Sparkey Loaded Pockets

My CQC-7. Solid as a rock.

[IMG]
    USMC1911er and ChrisJ like this.

Sparkey Loaded Pockets

BTW, mooshisho, is that the SRM that I sold to you? I really dig the job you've done with it!

naynoes Loaded Pockets

FFG Delica 4 I think. I just got a Para2 so we'll see how that goes. I'm loving it so far.
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

catfishdan Loaded Pockets

I'll go with the ffg delica 4 too. It's light, sharp, an has a good size blade for the amount of pocket space.

jnsn Loaded Pockets

i havent had very many knives that i have carried regularly but the sage 1 is by far my favorite.
    its a decent sized knife but its light and carries very well. lockup is rock solid, if you hold it the right way and open it firmly the sound it makes is like a percussion instrument. another cool part is (for me anyway) that the lock rarely encounters any major stress with the way i hold the knife so i guess safety is also a good trait of the sage.
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

Yes, Sparkey! :D I absolutely love it. :)

19cohiba75 Loaded Pockets

Spyderco ParaMilitary 2 Black Out edition
    [IMG]

Keyman Loaded Pockets

It's gotta be my LE #162 M2 Ritter Griptilian with custom brown canvas micarta scales and three standoffs (instead of a back spacer). I like the blade profile on the Ritter knives, it works very well for my uses. Absolutely love the Axis lock and the M2 steel. Lastly, I really like the look and feel of the brown canvas micarta. Better than any other scale material I've used or had. It ages like a good pair of jeans. I like that.

[IMG]
    Loc-Nar, Vsegda gotov, pacman and 6 others like this.

jcc Banned

[IMG]

This is my favorite because I made it myself.
    Allgrave, TDS, Freman and 6 others like this.

Flash Owl Loaded Pockets

that looks like a Murray Carter, nice!

this is my absolute favorite, deep notched skinner from Mr. Barry Dawson
    [IMG]
    farnorthdan likes this.

jcc Banned

I made it in his six-day Intensive Bladesmithing Class last March (2011). Here's another I made in the class:

[IMG]

(camp knife I designed and completed, not so much an everyday carry knife)
    majki, FenixArcher, Allgrave and 8 others like this.