1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Anyone here pack a revolver as their daily carry piece?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by BigNug45, Apr 10, 2014.

1. BigNug45

BigNug45 Loaded Pockets

I have carried a variety of revolvers over the years for various reasons and situations and wondered if anyone else here does. If you have a good one, please share a picture and your reasons.

Thanks

AK Adventurer likes this.
  2. Norm66

Norm66 Loaded Pockets

I carry a 9mm Shield but after reading some Mas Ayoob I'm in the market for a j-frame S&W. I handled one last week at a LGS and think it would be a great backup or quick trip gun.

3. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

I don;t EDC a gun anymore, but on the occasions I do carry, concealed or otherwise two out of three of my preffered guns are revolvers;

Ruger Security Six .357. Was my Dads side arm for hunting, and before that belonged to my brother(whom I never knew, died before I was born) Lots of family history, and if ya can't kill it with 6 rounds of .357, you either can't shoot or need a large bore Rifle. ;)

[​IMG]

Berretta Stampede .45 Colt. Yup, a single action; I'm faster and more accurate with a single action than I am with a double--and I'm pretty good with a double too, but SAs just work for me. Can't beat a classic design, pure western art.

[​IMG]

4. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I don't, but only because I don't have one :D

5. Vader9900
    • In Omnia Paratus

Vader9900 Loaded Pockets

.357 Ruger Speed Six snub. I will get some pics up when I can.

6. WichitaJLJ
    • In Omnia Paratus

WichitaJLJ Loaded Pockets

My first revolver; speed 6 that I sold due to lack of funds and being new to CCW (lack of knowledge dressing around the gun). The ONLY gun I regret selling.
    [​IMG]

H&R 929 (9 shot .22)- My camping, hiking, plinking revolver.
    [​IMG]

My Charter Arms .38- carried as my CCW for 3 years
    [​IMG]

Rossi 3 inch .38-
    [​IMG]

Sold the Charter and Rossi to buy this Security 6-
    [​IMG]

I also have a S&W 10-7 snub that is a project gun that will be completed after my wedding in May

mud80 and AK Adventurer like this.
  7. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

I carried a S&W pre-lock Model 696 .44 Special for years until I made the serious (ego driven) mistake to trade it for a S&W Mountain Gun in .44 mag. Nothing has shot like that gun since. I am looking at the new Model 69 and may have one chopped down to 3" to sooth my painful memories.. At least then I can have the best of both worlds. ;)

Add... I forgot to mention that as a young man (20-25ish) I carried an old 4" Colt Police Positive in .38 as that was all I could afford and I got it at a swap meet for next to nothing. Had the barrel replaced with a 2" a few years later and ended up giving it to a friend a few years ago to keep as a glove box pistol.

WichitaJLJ and AK Adventurer like this.
  8. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

I don't but I like 357s but with 38s. My ears just can't take that BANG anymore.

9. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Show off :p

AK Adventurer and WichitaJLJ like this.
  10. WichitaJLJ
    • In Omnia Paratus

WichitaJLJ Loaded Pockets

I'm sorry.... kinda... not really. I feel the same way every time I see your Kimber;) . I only own three of those now if it makes you feel better.

AK Adventurer and SAKplumber like this.
  11. The Governor

The Governor Loaded Pockets

I like to have this one close by loaded with Speer 135 +P JHPs.
    [​IMG]

12. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Just kidding ya;)

13. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Waiting to see a Model 19 2 1/2" K frame. that was some 40 years ago for me.

WichitaJLJ and AK Adventurer like this.
  14. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

I don't carry often but when I do it is most frequently a revolver. S&W 642. Sorry, no pics, but it looks like all of them do.

BubbaFett and AK Adventurer like this.
  15. LivingUpNorth

LivingUpNorth Loaded Pockets

Chiappa Rhino 200D in .357Mag. With the low-axis barrel, it's a piece of cake to shoot and 6 shots of .357 is comforting. I either carry an extra speed strip or speed loader with 6 additional rounds, but I will say that reloading is considerably more difficult than with a magazine-fed semi auto. More practice is definitely in order.

[​IMG]

16. AK Adventurer

HUH??!!? WHAT DID YOU SAY??!?

;)

SAKplumber and Mumbojumboo like this.
  17. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Shot placement. Then you don't need to reload. ;)

Unless it's Zombies or Ninjas... then, yes... practice reloading. :ninja:

18. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

no wonder you never hear me when I talk to you... :cry:

:censored:

19. AK Adventurer

:rofl:

No, you I just ignore.
    :p

yeah, actually all kidding aside, my hearing isn't all that great anymore... :cry:
    partly from all the shooting I did growing up with no hearing protection, usually in small abandoned gravel pits where we used to do our target shooting; Its amazing how sound can be trapped/reverberate in a space with no roof over it ;) .22s are one thing, but when we got into center fires, it wasn't real smart...

That and a few other shooting events that I can't talk about on the open forum per the rule about possibly promoting illegal activity(harmless, but technically still very illegal)... in small enclosed areas. :angel::rolleyes::D

and not to mention the multitudes of machinery I've run without ear pro;
    I have less hearing than some guys I know 2 or 3 times my age.. :nah_disagree:

FL Woods Bum likes this.
  20. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

SELF INFLICTED. That's the hard part to read and or hear from the Doc.

versatile......I used to have shot shells for snakes and or quail.

[​IMG][/url]

RoadWizard, mud80, SAKplumber and 3 others like this.