1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Laser pointer

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Swe_Nurse, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Swe_Nurse

Swe_Nurse Loaded Pockets

I guess it qualifies as "other illumination device" so I place it here.

What I'm looking for is a laser pointer (or a few), but I have close to no current knowledge of them.

What I want:

Streamlight stylus pro/preon/sharpie form factor.
    AAA or AA batteries. I guess 18650 or CR123 is fine too, if there's good reasons for it.
    I don't need something powerful, in fact I would like a "safe" wattage. My intention is not to burn things.
    Under $100, willing to pay up to that or a little over if there's an advantage in quality or other aspects.
    Not red (I'm thinking green but I'm open to suggestions).

Uses:
    Pointing at things at a fairly close distance, doing presentations and similar
    Play with dogs/cats
    EDC, because reasons

I've looked at eBay/amazon etc. and most of them there are no name cheap ones. Which is fine, but I'm willing to pay more for quality.

2. Dingle1911

Dingle1911 Loaded Pockets

I too want something about the quality of Streamlight, but in a laser pointer. I have not found it yet. On ebay or amazon if you search aaa laser pointer you can find the form factor you want for between $10 and $20, the problem is quality. Sometime they are dead on arrival or just randomly stop working. I am hoping someone will suggest something better.

3. Bwana1

Bwana1 Loaded Pockets

Butch loves laser pointers, red only to be exact...me, not so much :)
    [​IMG]