1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

ROHK bolt-action pen on Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by aphex2k, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Holliday

Holliday Loaded Pockets

Are you the creator of that item?

2. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

That sure is one expensive plastic pen!

3. Gary Gross

Gary Gross Loaded Pockets

Perhaps it's the cost of the "free" aluminum cache?

4. Westerdutch

Oh yeah, that adds a lot of value... better order one quick #FOMO !!

Gary Gross likes this.
  5. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

Negative. Just wondered what people thought. I've hit it. I like these random KS projects sometimes turn out good.

6. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

I've seen some very expensive aluminium pens too. Go figure!

7. Westerdutch

I think its a tick cumbersome overpriced toy. Props to the guy for the marketing swang and actually managing to sell these tho!

8. Westerdutch

Well something can be said about aluminium pen pricing.... Manually milling a pen is quite a bit more expensive and a lot of work so i can see how custom makers ask higher prices. This plastic pen here if produced in a couple hundred pieces will probably have a total cost of 5-10 bucks max. Also, a plastic 'tactical' pen might actually stand a chance at doing tactical things... like break a car window.

9. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

I know what you mean, but you're comparing a mass produced plastic pen to a custom manually milled ally one. What I mean is, ally is cheap and easily machined in bulk by machines. I wouldn't expect a plastic pen to break glass reliably. But it's a pen, interesting design, could be used as a striking implement.... I'm interested. If v1 turns out crap, we help with feedback and v2 is on track to be better. At least, that's how I see it.

10. Holliday

Holliday Loaded Pockets

I see. While I appreciate the time and effort it takes to bring something like that to market, the pen is hideous. It looks like something a toddler would use to learn to write with. You'll never see that clipped to the pocket of a suit-wearing executive, something that a lot of other pens in this genre can do, and a big part of the sales for "tactical pens."

Also, these types of things are always marketed wrong, IMO. The fact that it is advertised as a weapon means it will be most likely be flagged with TSA.

Gecko45 must be salivating over this thing.

11. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

I'm thinking, Cold Steel Shark? Essentially a yawara/kubotan with the added bonus of a tiny useless felt tip marker inside...

qvxb likes this.
  12. TiBoy

TiBoy Loaded Pockets

Toys "R" Us

aphex2k likes this.
  13. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

14. rat-7

rat-7 Loaded Pockets

I had an aluminum cache like that but mine came with a cigar, not a pen. :smoke:

aphex2k likes this.